Location: Dispatch Command Center, Arvada, CO
Founded and owned locally, Ramblin Express has been providing excellence in passenger ground transportation service since 1993, with diverse operations in Denver and Colorado Springs. We pride ourselves on our ability to consistently provide the safest, most convenient passenger transportation services, in a friendly, professional manner.
Business is booming and we are looking to expand our family of customer service and safety oriented team members. We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time Dispatcher.
Position Requirements **MUST READ***Please DO NOT APPLY if you are not willing and able to work a variety of shifts – Applicant must be able to work all shifts, multitask, handle a high volume of phone calls at once, and be able to read, write, and navigate on the computer. Task management (follow through) is CRITICAL. Experience in the transportation industry (passenger or property) is preferred but not a requirement. The position currently available is from 8pm-6am.
Salary range: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour (Based on experience and license)
Supports the Operations Department by effectively working a scheduled shift; serves as the face of operations during “off” hours, identifying, responding to and resolving operational challenges as they arise. Can works along-side other team members to schedule and confirm drivers and buses for scheduled line run service and charters. Serves customers, responding to any request, concern or question. Validates and supports drivers to properly perform administrative responsibilities to stay in compliance with local, state & federal regulations. An integral part of the operations team, working to collaboratively provide the safest, most convenient passenger transportation services, in a friendly, professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities are as follows; other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes all drivers reporting for and returning from scheduled trips.
- Ensures drivers have all required information to successfully complete their trip.
- Audits upcoming trips to ensure all information is present and correct.
- Assists in monitoring driver swap seats and pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Monitors driver hours of service, ensuring regulatory compliance, real time.
- Addresses Saucon Alert Log, real time.
- Monitors fleet damage, reporting new damage to Operations Manager.
- Works closely with Maintenance Department, communicating current and upcoming equipment needs.
- Answers phones, responds to email and text message communications during scheduled shift in a timely, professional manner.
- Communicates with company personnel about challenges faced during scheduled shift and resolutions, as appropriate, through the Daily Dispatch Report (DDR).
- Makes process improvement recommendations to Operations Managers
- Fills in as a driver when necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service: responds to requests for service and assistance, and ensures commitments are met.
- Interpersonal: maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, and remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification when needed, and responds well to questions.
- Team Work: welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team, puts success of team above own interests, and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication: writes clearly and informatively, and able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management: communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance to change, and prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Leadership: exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates others to perform well, effectively influences actions and opinions of others, inspires respect and trust, and displays passion and optimism.
- Quality Management: looks for ways to improve and promote quality, and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics: treats people with respect, works with integrity and ethically, and upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support: follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values, and supports and respects diversity.
- Adaptability: adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability: follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, and completes tasks on time.
- Judgment: displays willingness to make decisions based on solid information and judgement, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, and makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism: approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security: observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers and company personnel.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and email communications software.
Certificates and Licenses
Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet or humid conditions, work near moving mechanical parts and in outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HERE IS WHAT WE DO & WHAT WE OFFER COMPENSATION PROGRAM OVERVIEW
• Optional Contribution of up to 6% of Wages, with Company Matching up to 3% of Wages
• Available on January 1st or July 1st, following 1 Year of Employment
• 6 National Holidays paid*
CELL PHONE REIMBURSEMENT:
• $1.00 for Every Day Worked*
Emergency call-in pay (stipend) for drivers:
• $35.00 Per Occurrence – When you accept unscheduled work on your scheduled day off
COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL HEALTH INSURANCE
• Company Contributes 50% + per Qualified Employee
• Core Plan, Buy-Up Plan Options
• Employee Only, Employee+Spouse, Employee+Child(ren) and Employee+Family Options
• Employee Contribution as low as $241 per Month
• Available 1st of the Month, following 60 days of Employment
DENTAL & VISION INSURANCE
• Optional DENTAL Plans as low as $40 per Month
• Optional VISION Plans as low as $10 per Month
• Available 1st of the Month, following 60 days of Employment
PERSONAL PAID TIME OFF (PPTO / PPD)
• Earn 1 hour of PPTO for every 30 hours worked
• Earning up to 48 hours PPTO per year
• Earnings Eligible first day of employment
• In addition, full time employees earn 16 hours of Paid Personal Days (PPD) annually
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY AND OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE
• Optional Plans available through AFLAC, LegalShield and Others
• Available Immediately Upon Hire
CONVENIENT ADP PAYROLL SERVICE, with Perks and Savings through LIFEMART
• Pet Care
• Child Care
• Tax Preparation
• Car Rentals, Hotels & Travel
• Movie, Sporting Event and Concert Tickets
• Gym and Fitness memberships
• Car Purchases, Cell Phone Plans, Electronics and More!